Wednesday 22 May
Apr 17, 2018 @ 22:00

Galaxy-LRWC Boracay casino still a go – company officials

 

As far as Leisure & Resorts World Corp. is concerned, the planned $500 million integrated casino resort on the island of Boracay is still on.

Benitez-led gaming firm LRWC issued the statement in reponse to Tourism Assistant Secretary Frederick Alegre’s pronouncement that Galaxy Entertainment Group had already ditched plans to build a casino in the famous tourist spot after President Duterte rejected plans to develop a casino hub on Boracay.

Alegre said Macau casino giant Galaxy was already looking for an alternative site.

This, however, was immediately denied by LRWC, the local partner of Galaxy for the project.

“Both parties have not reached any final decision regarding their planned Boracay resort project. Following protocol, no change in plans or project location would be made without prior consultation and agreement with Pagcor,” LRWC said in a statement.

“Contrary to claims that Galaxy has abandoned its planned Boracay project, no such announcement has been made nor communicated with Pagcor,” it added.

The group of Galaxy and LRWC had already been granted a provisional license to build its casino by the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp. last month.

Please follow and like us:
error

Tags: , , , , ,

Related Stories
The Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp. turned over a record high P16.17 billion in cash
Businessman William Gatchalian’s bid to build a gaming hub in Entertainment City along Roxas Boulevard
The online gambling industry is facing a crackdown amid a flurry of Chinese nationals working


 

Trending News

Copyright © 2019 Bilyonaryo - Latest news on the richest Filipinos and Family Business.