Wednesday 23 January
Clark Airport Jun 12, 2018 @ 19:53

Megawide questions BCDA’s qualification criteria for Clark O&M


Megawide Construction Corp. has asked the Bases Conversion and Development Authority to reconsider a requirement that bars any company with a majority interest in an international airport in the country from bidding for the operation and maintenance of the Clark international Airport.

The construction, engineering and infrastructure group owns 60 percent of GMR Cebu Airport Corp. which operates the Mactan-Cebu International Airport. The remaining 40 percent is held by its partner, GMR Group of India.

Megawide-GMR, which bagged the contract to build a new passenger terminal at the Clark International Airport, also wants to bid for the O&M contract for the Pampanga gateway.

The BCDA earlier said it would hold one-on-one meetings with prospective bidders and consider making adjustments with respect to the qualification and bidding criteria for the Clark O&M.

The prospective bidder must also have a net worth of at least P5 billion and must have the capability of borrowing at least P10 billion.

BCDA hopes to award the contract by Aug.30.

Other interested bidders include Metro Pacific Investments Corp., Filinvest Development Corp., San Miguel Holdings Corp., Megawide-GMR Consortium, Prime Assets Venture and Central Luzon Infrastructure Consultancy, Inc., Paris-based Groupe ADP and India-based GVK Airport Developers Ltd.

Please follow and like us:

Tags: , , , , , ,

Related Stories
Construction and engineering group Megawide Construction Corp. was awarded the EPC contract for the Mandani
The young business magnate has resigned as director of Megawide Construction Corp., a company he
Engineering and infrastructure conglomerate Megawide Construction Corp. expects to sustain its upward trajectory for the
Diversified engineering and infrastructure conglomerate Megawide Construction Corp. aims to corner P24 billion worth of


Trending News

Recommended on sister sites

Copyright © 2019 Bilyonaryo - Latest news on the richest Filipinos and Family Business.