Find out the 7 bilyonaryos who are all in on Bong Go’s senatorial campaign
It really pays to be the sole gatekeeper of President Rodrigo Duterte?s phone and schedule.
Special Assistant to the President Bong Go has assembled a virtual who?s who of the richest Filipinos to back his thinly-veiled senatorial campaign programs.
A Philippine News Agency article cited corporations which have backed Go?s multi-million peso advocacy and senatorial launch pad:
1) Puregold Price Club Inc. of Lucio Co
2) Robinsons Land Corp. and Robinsons Malls of John Gokongwei
3) Phoenix Petroleum and Family Mart of Dennis Uy
4) San Miguel Corp. of Ramon S. Ang
5) 2Go Group of Henry Sy and Dennis Uy
6) Megawide Construction Co. of Edgar Saavedra
7) World Balance of Barnaby Chong
The 7 businessmen bankrolled the Go?s ?Sapatos ni SAP, Tsinelas Ka-Swap? program where Duterte?s long-time assistant with political ambitions gives away with free shoes to indigent people in well-publicized events.
For somebody who claims to have not yet made up his mind on running for senator in 2019, Go?s campaign posters and stickers have been visible in major highways and roads all over the country.
Duterte claimed that Go himself was a rich guy having come from the landed Tesoro family of Davao.