GOCCs raise P31B in dividends
This is looking to be a record year for these corporations.
Government-owned and -controlled corporations (GOCCs) are on a roll this year, with 51 of 77 entities having generated and remitted P31.3 billion in surplus profits to the Treasury as of mid-July.
The Department of Finance announced the figures in a statement, which they said is poised to exceed the record-high of P33.5 billion remitted for the full year of 2015. The mid-year tally already hit above the amounts remitted in 2016 and 2017.
The top 10 GOCCs are:
- Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines, P6.224 billion;
- Philippine Ports Authority, P3.103 billion;
- Philippine Deposit Insurance Corp.,P2.844 billion;
- Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp., P2.593 billion;
- Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office, P2.535 billion;
- Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, P2.5 billion;
- Manila International Airport Authority, P2.25 billion;
- Food Terminal Inc. (FTI), P963.79 million;
- Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP)?, ?P959.04 million;
- and the Bases Conversion and Development Authority, P905.74 million.