Bilyonaryos recover strongly in July except for Villar, Ongpin; Lucio Co out
Bilyonaryos were on a jolly roll in July largely due to a bounce back in the Philippine stock market.
Ten of the 12 bilyonaryos on Forbes real time ranking posted a combined $8.8 billion gain in wealth in July after a bruising June where they lost a combined $3.3 billion.
The stock market surged by 13 percent to 7,700 after hitting bottom at 6,923 early last month.
Based on the real time ranking of the world?s billionaires by Forbes as of July 31, the richest Filipino Henry Sy gained the most with $2.1 billion to $20 billion from $17.9 billion in June.
John Gokongwei was second with a $1.8 billion jump in wealth to $5.8 billion as of July 31 from $4 billion in June 30.
Ports and casino magnate Ricky Razon saw his fortune grow back by $1.3 billion in a month’s time to $4.9 billion.
Another big gainer was tobacco and airline tycoon Lucio Tan with a $1.2 billion in jump in wealth to $4.7 billion.
Only Manny Villar (down $600 million to $3 billion) and Bobby Ongpin (down $100 million to $1.1 billion) were in the red during the month. Bilyonaryo Lucio Co tumbles out of the list.
Here is the full breakdown of how the top bilyonaryos performed in the last 30 days:
1) Henry Sy ? $20 billion ? up 11.7%
2) John Gokongwei ? $5.8 billion – up 45%
3) Ricky Razon ? $4.9 billion ? up 36%
4) Lucio Tan ? $4.7 billion ? up 37%
5) Tony Tan Caktiong ? $4 billion ? up 18%
6) George Ty ? $3.9 billion ? up 34%
7) Manny Villar – $3 billion – down 16%
8) Andrew Tan ? $2.7 billion ? up 23%
9) Ramon S. Ang ? $2.5 billion ? up 4%
10) Robert Coyiuto Jr. ? $1.4 billion ? up 8.3%
11) Danding Cojuangco ? $1.3 billion ? up 8.3%
12) Bobby Ongpin ? $1.1 billion ? down 8.3%