Wednesday 18 September
Aug 26, 2018 @ 12:06

Fate of P735B Bulacan airport in the hands of Sonny Dominguez – Pernia

 

Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernie Pernia revealed that the fate of San Miguel Corp.’s P735 billion Bulacan international airport was now in the hands of Finance Secretary Sonny Dominguez.

Pernia said the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) had endorsed the project as early as April this year and has been forwarded for review to Dominguez,specifically the proposed concession agreement and riisk allocation matrix.

Dominguez supposed has three months to go over the deal and submit it for final approval to the NEDA-Investment Coordinating Council. The project would then be submitted for Swiss Challenge where other private entities could make an offer to top San Miguel’s deal.

“Whether it will be approved within the year or early next year, the only one who can answer that in terms of certainty is the Department of Finance,” said Pernia in an interview with DZMM.

As far as Pernia was considered, the Bulacan airport was a go. “In the eyes of the concessioners and the agreement at tsaka certain financial details, that?s a go already. Kasi usually after NEDA board approval meron pang mga details mga mitigative mga financial details, concession agreement and those things that need to be sorted out to be iron out ayun ang ginagawa. So it?s a matter of a few ano na lang sorting out. May detail pa na aayusin para walang problema later on,” he said.

Pernia said that the Bulacan airport – which will have four runways and terminal on a 2,500-hectare property connected to the North Luzon Expressway – would be built at no cost to and no guarantee tfrom the government. “This is robably the biggest project we have approved so far and locally funded kaya there are many details that?s need to be really iron out,” he said.

If started soon, San Miguel plans to complete the project by 2023.

Please follow and like us:
error

Tags: , , ,

Related Stories
Finance Secretary Sonny Dominguez after US President Donald Trump announced another round of retaliatory tariffs
The government has racked up nearly P150 million in lease income from the 2.2 hectare
Finance Secretary Sonny Dominguez and other economic managers got their way in ejecting in a
Finance Secretary Sonny Dominguez admits that the trade war between the United States and China


 

Trending News

Copyright © 2019 Bilyonaryo - Latest news on the richest Filipinos and Family Business.