From No.3 to No. 7: Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg loses $31B in 4 months
As questions linger on whether Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg should keep his post as chief executive, the billionaire has lost more than a third of his fortune from its peak of $86 billion just four months ago.
Zuckerberg, who has failed to parry controversies hounding Facebook, saw his net worth drop to $55.3 billion as of Nov. 19 in the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, down by 35 percent from his peak in July.
Bloomberg reported that the oracle form Omaha Warren Buffet replaced Zuckerberg as the world’s third richest man.
Zuckerberg dropped to sixth this month or just slightly ahead of Oracle’s Larry Ellison’s $54.7 billion.
Here is the full list of the top 10 richest people in the world based on Bloomberg’s ranking:
1) Jeff Bezos of Amazon – $132 billion
2) Bill Gates of Microsoft – $95.5 billion
3) Warren Buffet of Berkshire Hathaway – $89.7 billion
4) Bernard Arnault of LVMH – $68.8 billion
5) Amancio Ortega of Inditex (Zara) – $65.9 billion
6) Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook – $55.3 billion
7) Larry Ellison of Oracle – $54.7 billion
8) Larry Page of Google – $52.5 billion
9) Carlos Slim of Telmex – $52.1 billion
10) Sergey Brin of Google – $51.1 billion